Share Your WIC Agency Resource
Thank you for considering sharing your resource for posting on the WIC Works Resource System (WWRS) website! Sharing innovative and creative resources for your fellow WIC programs to use, or be inspired by, helps WIC to continually improve and deliver quality services to participants. The types of materials the WWRS seeks to share include:
- Staff Training Tools
- Nutrition Education Materials
- Lesson Plans
- Outreach Materials
- WIC Special Project Grant Reports and Materials
- Audio Files
- Video Files
Examples of file formats that can be submitted include Word, PDF, PPT, Excel, JPG, PNG, and MP4. However, to protect the content integrity of material, converting Word, PPT, and Excel files to PDF is strongly encouraged.
To make sure shared resources can benefit as many WIC agencies and clinics as possible, below are some helpful hints:
Before submitting your resource, please make sure:
- All content is consistent with WIC regulations, policy, and guidance as well as other federal recommendations and initiatives.
- That it has been reviewed by your State agency (if you are a local agency); include verification (e.g., an email from the State agency).
- That is has been reviewed by your Regional Office (if you are a State agency); include verification (e.g., and email from the Regional Office).
- That you have permission to share the materials (if developed with a partner organization, university, etc.); include verification.
- All multimedia and office documents (Word, PPT, PDF) are 508-compliant; you can find tutorials, guidance, and checklists on the Section508.gov website, which also offers free technical tools and resources, including free testing tools for 508 compliance. Please note it is much easier to build 508 compliance into your content as you are creating it rather than after the fact; 508-compliance does not apply to photos submitted for bulletin boards, though it does apply to graphics and other images used within documents). Videos should include captions.
- You include a list of files submitted with descriptions. File names should be short and without spaces.
You can submit your resource by emailing it to: email@example.com or via secure upload at https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/WWRS. In addition to hosting materials, the WWRS team can also link to files posted on WIC State agency websites.