Thank you for considering sharing your resource for posting on the WIC Works Resource System (WIC Works) website! Sharing innovative and creative resources for your fellow WIC programs to use, or be inspired by, helps WIC to continually improve and deliver quality services to participants. The types of materials WIC Works seeks to share include:
- Staff Training Tools
- Nutrition Education Materials
- Lesson Plans
- Outreach Materials
- WIC Special Project Grant Final Reports and Materials
- Audio and Video Files (see more information about these below)
Examples of file formats that can be submitted include Word, PDF, PowerPoint, images in JPG and PNG with individual file sizes less than 1MB, and Excel. To protect content integrity, we recommend Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents be converted to PDF format.
We are happy to link to and/or embed audio and visual content but are not able to host these files. When submitting this type of content, please include links to where they are hosted and, if applicable, their embed codes.
To make sure shared resources can benefit as many WIC agencies and clinics as possible, below are some helpful hints:
Before submitting your resource, please make sure that:
- All content is consistent with WIC regulations, policy, and guidance as well as other federal recommendations and initiatives.
- It has been reviewed by your WIC State agency (if you are a local agency) or your Regional Office (if you are a State agency); include verification (e.g., an email from the State agency or Regional Office).
- You have permission to share the materials (if developed with a partner organization, university, etc.); include verification and, if applicable, copyright licenses for images.
- All multimedia and office documents (Word, PPT, PDF) are 508-compliant; you can find tutorials, guidance, and checklists on the Section508.gov website, which also offers free technical tools and resources, including free testing tools for 508 compliance. Please note it’s much easier to build 508-compliance into your content as you are creating it rather than after the fact; 508-compliance does not apply to photos submitted for bulletin boards, though it does apply to graphics and other images used within documents. Videos should include captions.
- You include a list of files submitted with descriptions. File names should be short and without spaces.
When submitting a bulletin board, please provide:
- a clear, high-quality photo of the bulletin board
- a list of all materials needed to make the bulletin board, providing enough specific information that would be helpful for others to recreate it (e.g., hand-drawn items, letters from an art supply store, stencils, etc.)
- a description of the board’s content (location not necessary) including instructions for creating the bulletin board
You can submit your resource(s) by contacting the WIC Works Support Team. In addition to hosting materials, the team can also link to files posted on WIC State agency websites.