A collection of resources for students, interns and new WIC employees explaining how WIC works, its history, eligibility requirements, and outcomes. Training materials used by staff are also available.
What is WIC?
History and Mission
- The WIC Program: Background, Trends, and Economic Issues, 2009 Edition
- WIC's Mission
- WIC 101
How WIC Helps: Outcomes
- How WIC Helps
- Effects of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): A Review of Recent Research
- Planning a WIC Research Agenda - Workshop Summary
- WIC Studies
What is available through WIC?
- Nutrition Education Guidance
- Encouraging fresh fruit and vegetable consumption through the Farmers' Market Nutrition Program
- WIC Nutrition Services Standards
- Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA)
- VENA Training Module: WIC Works
- Loving Support© Makes Breastfeeding Work