The WIC Infant Formula Calculator is a web-based tool developed to determine infant formula issuance amounts consistent with WIC regulations. The calculator can be used to determine the issuance of one infant formula product at a time. Below are instructions on how to use the WIC Infant Formula Calculator.
- Enter the product’s name
- Select the product’s physical form (i.e., powder, liquid concentrate or ready-to-feed)
- Type in the container size (ounces)
- Type in the reconstituted fluid ounce yield of the container or packaging with multiple containers (e.g., for a multi-pack of four 8 fl oz bottles, the packaging provides 32 fl oz, therefore enter 32)*
- Select the method of issuance (i.e., round-up methodology; maximum monthly allowance; round-up and maximum monthly allowance)
- Submit your product information by selecting the "submit" button at the bottom of the page
The calculator will provide the number of containers of that product to issue per infant feeding category (i.e., partially breastfed or fully formula fed) and food package time frame (e.g., 0-3 months, 4-5 months, etc.). It is important to remember, the calculator will only provide correct amounts if the user enters accurate information – please double check your entries to ensure accurate results.
*Note: If you are entering the reconstituted fluid ounce yield of packaging, the calculator results page will indicate the total number of containers to issue for a specific period. In this case, “container” refers to the packaging unit size you entered in this input field (e.g., for a multi-pack of 4-8 fl oz bottles packaging provides 32 fl oz, “container” refers to the entire multi-pack).