This guide* provides WIC staff with an overview of:
- key vaccine messages
- immunization schedules
- information on vaccines and the diseases they prevent
- real life stories of families affected by vaccine-preventable diseases
- information on vaccines for pregnant women
- information on screening and referring WIC participants
- a list of credible immunization resources
In addition, visit the Vaccination Resources page from Vaccinate Your Family for information to share with parents and parents-to-be.
You can find additional resources and information for this topic on the Immunizations page, including immunization booklets for parents. Find videos, including recordings of past webinars, on the Vaccinate Your Family YouTube page.
Other related resources available include information and education materials for the flu, the measles, and the Zika virus.
*This guide is supported through funding provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.