Health and Wellness
Vaccines 101 - Information for WIC Staff
This guide* provides WIC staff with an overview of:
- key vaccine messages
- immunization schedules
- information on vaccines and the diseases they prevent
- real life stories of families affected by vaccine-preventable diseases
- information on vaccines for pregnant women
- information on screening and referring WIC participants
- a list of credible immunization resources
Other related resources available include information and education materials for the flu, the measles, and the Zika virus.
*This guide is supported through funding provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.