Health and Wellness
Recipes, Cookbooks and Recipe Videos
Are you looking for ways to help your WIC participants get the most out of their food packages? Check out these healthy, budget-friendly recipes and ways to use seasonal fruits and vegetables.
On MyPlate Kitchen, you'll find:
- Over 900 recipes can be filtered by cost, food group, course, type of cuisine and cooking equipment, and explored by the search box to find recipes with something more specific in mind.
- Recipes grouped by popular categories, such as 30-minutes or less and seasonal favorites.
- Detailed information for each recipe, including ingredients, steps to prepare the dish and the nutrition information.
- The Build a Cookbook feature, allowing you to add recipes to a custom-built cookbook that can be saved and downloaded.
- A list of downloadable cookbooks prepared for specific goals and audiences, such as Healthy Eating on a Budget, Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Homes and more.
- Short videos (most are less than three minutes) showing many of the recipes being prepared.
The Child Nutrition Recipe Box provides recipes and resources to support building healthy and budget-friendly meals. On the site, you can download dozens of kid-friendly recipes, for Recipes for Home.
You can also browse and download recipes organized by culture and geographic areas on Team Nutrition's Multicultural Child Care Recipes page.
USDA, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
USDA, FNS, Team Nutrition
USDA, Food and Nutrition Service