Are you looking for ways to help your WIC participants get the most out of their food packages? Check out these healthy, budget-friendly recipes and ways to use seasonal fruits and vegetables.
For recipes with a nutrient and WIC foods focus, you can browse our collection featured in the WIC Meals of the Month series.
Child Nutrition Recipe Box (CNRB) (also available in Spanish) provides recipes and resources to support building healthy and budget-friendly meals. On the site, you can download dozens of kid-friendly recipes from their Recipes for Home page.
Looking for healthy snack ideas? Check out CNRB’s new snack recipes that provide easy and fun ways to offer healthier snacks for kids of all ages.
On MyPlate Kitchen, you'll find:
- Over 900 recipes can be filtered by cost, food group, course, type of cuisine and cooking equipment, and explored by the search box to find recipes with something more specific in mind.
- Recipes grouped by popular categories, such as 30-minutes or less and seasonal favorites.
- Detailed information for each recipe, including ingredients, steps to prepare the dish and nutrition information.
- The Build a Cookbook feature, allowing you to add recipes to a custom-built cookbook that can be saved and downloaded.
- A list of downloadable cookbooks prepared for specific goals and audiences, including kid-friendly recipes.
- Short videos (most are less than three minutes) showing many of the recipes being prepared.
From SNAP-Ed Connection and Cooking Matters Massachusetts, a series of videos recorded in both English and Spanish that provide helpful tips on how to get young children eating and excited about healthy foods.
You can also browse and download recipes organized by culture and geographic areas on Team Nutrition's Multicultural Child Care Recipes page. Recipes are available in both English and Spanish.