Provides a number of resources for use with participants that cover depression and mental health, such as Postpartum Depression, Emotional Changes After Giving Birth, and Health and Well-Being 2 - Mental Health. Each material is available in various languages.
Resources for Individuals in Need of Assistance (emergent or otherwise)
new! The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline provides 24/7 free and confidential support via phone or text for people in distress. This shorter phone number will make it easier for people to remember and access mental health crisis services. There is also a web chat available 24/7.
Prevention and crisis resources, including posters and a magnet (available in Spanish), wallet cards, and safety plan pads, are available for professionals to download or order.
- The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline, 1-833-TLC-MAMA (1-833-852-6262), is a free English and Spanish language confidential hotline for pregnant and new moms, available 24/7. Check out the Maternal Mental Health page on WIC Works for an additional resource.
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator is a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance use/addiction and/or mental health problems.
- Mental Health America's Finding Therapy site shares a fact sheet and referral sources.
- The Office on Women’s Health Talking Postpartum Depression campaign includes a toolkit of ready-to-use resources with with fact sheets for women, their support networks, and health care professionals, video and written testimonials from women who have experienced postpartum depression, social media messages, and more.
- The Helping Your Loved One Who is Suicidal: A Guide for Family and Friends downloadable publication provides information on understanding suicide, warning signs and action steps to take, and how to prevent future attempts and keep your loved one safe.
Looking for more information? Check out these mental health-related resources found on WIC Works.