Move More in May
Regular physical activity in childhood is vital to promoting long-lasting health, and for adults, being active every day helps to lower their risk of developing chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Physical activity in childhood and during and after pregnancy also has other important health benefits. Among the benefits are that it can boost mood, sharpen focus, improve sleep, make labor shorter and recovery faster, and reduce complications related to gestational diabetes, preeclampsia or postpartum depression.
Tools and Education Resources
The Move Your Way® campaign offers a number of resources to educate on and help people increase their activity, such as:
- The Parent Interactive Graphic to help identify time in their family’s daily routine for kids to get the recommended 60 minutes of activity;
- An Activity Planner to help set goals, choose activities, and get tips to stay motivated;
- Fact sheets and posters in English and Spanish for parents and kids and for during and after pregnancy; and
- Videos (in English and Spanish) with tips for getting motivated, fitting activity into a busy day, and ways to get more active during pregnancy and after having a baby. Check out the entire playlist.
Become an Influencer
Do you or your participants want to be an influencer and help others? CDC offers an opportunity to become an individual influencer through Active People, Healthy Nation℠ to help others reach their goals and support equitable inclusive access.
- Learn strategies and access resources to help you make your community more active.
- Be part of a national movement to create resilient, activity-friendly communities.
- Access tips and resources to help you stay active.
Other education resources include:
- Healthy Tips for Active Play (in English and Spanish) that WIC agencies can download or order for free
- Songs to dance and sing to (Alive with Five and Do and Be)
- General tips for People with Disabilities and options for making physical activity part of a daily routine
Looking for recipes to help families fuel those physical activities? Find easy, budget friendly Meals of the Month recipes to share.