The American Psychological Association has information on acute and chronic stress, How Stress Affects Your Health, tips for reducing stress, and a psychologist locator. Some resources are also available in Spanish.
Resources for Individuals in Need of Assistance
The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline provides 24/7 free and confidential support via phone or text for people in distress. This short phone number makes it easy for people to remember, so they can access mental health crisis services when needed. There is also a web chat available 24/7 (also available in Spanish and for deaf & hard of hearing).
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides Publications and Digital Products including a poster, wallet cards, and more for professionals to download or order.
- The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline, 1-833-TLC-MAMA (1-833-852-6262), is a free English and Spanish language confidential hotline for pregnant women and new moms, available 24/7. Check out the Maternal Mental Health page on WIC Works for an additional resource.
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator is a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for mental and substance use disorders.
- Mental Health America's Finding Therapy site shares a fact sheet and referral sources.
- The Helping Your Loved One Who is Suicidal: A Guide for Family and Friends downloadable publication provides information on understanding suicide, warning signs and action steps to take, and how to prevent future attempts and keep your loved one safe.
Looking for more information? Check out these mental health-related resources found on WIC Works.