This brochure, available in English and Spanish, was developed under the WIC Hispanic Breastfeeding and Promotion Project. This project provided research-based, culturally-sensitive breastfeeding resources that address perceived barriers to breastfeeding among Hispanic participants.
Geared towards grandparents, this tri-fold brochure provides information on the benefits of breastfeeding and how grandparents can support breastfeeding mothers within the theme, Breastfeeding: A Magical Bond of Love. Both the English and Spanish versions can be downloaded at the right. WIC agencies can order the Spanish version for free on the publication ordering page.
Other publications developed under this project are also available for WIC agencies to order for free and include:
- A Magical Bond of Love (Moms) brochure (English and Spanish)
- Dads Play an Important Role brochure (English and Spanish)
- A Magical Bond of Love Poster (Spanish)
- Breastfeeding: A Magical Bond of Love Video (English) – an animated video-novella that follows a discussion among WIC mothers and family members on common breastfeeding misconceptions and how a mother can be a “tiger” when it comes to making sure her baby gets the very best. Run time: 13-15 minutes.
- Discussion Guide – a one-page “Question and Answer” guide designed to help WIC staff facilitate a class discussion about the above video.
- Project Summary - a two-page staff handout that provides an overview of the project and highlights key findings from formative research.
The resources developed under the WIC Hispanic Breastfeeding and Promotion project can help WIC staff meet the needs of these participants and more effectively communicate the benefits of breastfeeding to Hispanic mothers and others that influence a mother’s decision to breastfeed (i.e., the baby’s father and grandmother).