WIC and Head Start share common goals in promoting positive health and nutrition for young children and families, and, in many communities, serve the same population. This website can serve as a useful resource for both Head Start and WIC, providing action steps and resources, including validated screening tools, training modules, to reduce the impact of depression on families. Other resources for families and staff are available as well.
Resources for Individuals in Need of Assistance (emergent or otherwise)
- National Maternal Mental Health Hotline (1-833-943-5747 – available 24/7 in English and Spanish)
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- Mental Health America's Finding Therapy
- MentalHealth.gov (offers resources for current and former service members and their families as well as suicide prevention and a hotline (1-800-273-TALK (8255)) available 24/7 with trained crisis workers. This number will change to 988 as of July 16, 2022.)
- Helping Your Loved One Who is Suicidal: A Guide for Family and Friends (provides information on understanding suicide, warning signs and action steps to take, and how to prevent future attempts and keep your loved one safe.)