Help protect your child, family, and community
The CDC recommends children ages 5 and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19. While COVID-19 tends to be milder in children compared with adults, it can make children very sick and cause children to be hospitalized. In some situations, the complications from infection can lead to death.
Although children are at a lower risk of becoming severely ill with COVID-19 compared with adults, children can:
- Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
- Get very sick from COVID-19
- Have both short and long-term health complications from COVID-19
- Spread COVID-19 to others
COVID-19 Vaccines Are Free and available to everyone at no cost. HRSA also offers no-cost COVID-19 testing, treatment, and vaccine information, including fact sheets to help both patients and providers understand their rights and responsibilities regarding access.
Find a COVID-19 Vaccine for Children 5 Years and Older
- The federal government is providing the COVID-19 vaccine free of charge to all people living in the United States, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status.
- Check with your child’s healthcare provider about whether they offer COVID-19 vaccination.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccination walk-ins or appointments are available for children.
- Contact your state, territorial, local, or tribal health department for more information.
- Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.