Stay Well, Stay Safe
Wednesday, September 30th is National Women’s Health & Fitness Day. This annual observance aims to focus attention on the importance of regular physical activity and health awareness for women. Along with the resources on the Food Safety and Fruits and Veggies observance pages, you can use a wide variety of other resources to assist your women participants in improving their health status, even during the COVID-19 pandemic, such as:
- The Healthy Pregnant or Postpartum Women page (also embedded below)
- How to be Physically Active While Social Distancing
- Wearing masks while in public and when around people who don't live in your household (and cleaning masks)
- Tips for Pregnant Women and Breastfeeding Moms, available in English and Spanish
- Articles for breastfeeding moms, such as Taking Care of You article on the WIC Breastfeeding Support site
- Advice about Eating Fish with downloadable charts available in multiple languages
- Guides on Oral Health Care During Pregnancy, Vaccines, and Screening and Referring Women for Depression
Browse more than 100 resources related to health and wellness on WIC Works. You can further filter this list by participant category such as pregnancy, breastfeeding and postpartum to help find the best resources for your participants, or search keywords for more specific topics.
Also available is information on the Health Insurance Marketplace, a CDC resource women can use to find quality health insurance.
USDA, Food and Nutrition Service