What steps can you take for better health?
Led by the Office on Women’s Health (OWH), National Women’s Health Week (NWHW) serves as a reminder for women to make their health a priority and build positive health habits for life. This year’s theme is “What steps can you take for better health?” (Visit our National Physical Fitness Month page to find additional resources for promoting physical activity!)
WIC staff can find a variety of resources on the OWH site (also available in Spanish) to promote healthy behaviors, such as:
- An interactive What’s Your Health Score Quiz
- An extensive list of free, downloadable resources covering topics such as:
On the CDC’s Women’s Health page, find additional resources such as:
- Podcasts on topics such as Gestational Diabetes, Teen Pregnancy and more
- Health Matters for Women, a free, monthly e-newsletter
- A list of the CDC’s Women’s Health Programs and Initiatives
- Women’s Health CEUs
American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) women can register for the Women’s Health LISTSERV, a free email newsletter to help communicate women’s health issues.
Explore the many topics and resources available on the WIC Works Resource System and WIC Breastfeeding Support sites WIC staff can use to promote good health for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women that assist WIC Programs in their nutrition education, breastfeeding support and promotion, and referral efforts.
HHS, Office on Women's Health
Indian Health Service