Bibimbap is a Korean dish of mixed cooked vegetables, rice, and a protein. In this recipe, golden, crispy tofu is used as the protein source to top colorful vegetables and brown rice. Kids and adults will have fun with this yummy bowl and all the variety in it.
Yield amount4 Servings
- Wash hands and then rinse vegetables before getting started.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat skillet or wok.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and sauté tofu for 3 minutes until golden.
- Add rest of oil, soy sauce, and all the other remaining ingredients except the spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls and top with tofu and veggie mixture, including the cooking juices from the pan.
Try topping with chili sauce or stir fry sauce and sesame seeds.
Substitute other vegetables such as sweet potato, bok choy, green beans, cabbage, or any other vegetables you have in your fridge!
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large pan or wok
- Large pot
- Mixing spoon