Consider starting your day off with some plant-based protein! A yummy breakfast or anytime meal, this tofu scramble (recipe also available in Spanish) is quick, easy, and delicious. This is also a great meal to prepare the night before, refrigerate and reheat the next morning for a healthy breakfast on a time crunch.
Yield amount4 Servings
- Wash hands and then rinse vegetables before getting started.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin and 1/8 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring, until the tofu begins to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of oil to the pan. Add zucchini, corn, scallions and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return the tofu to the pan and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese until just melted.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
Omit the cheese for a dairy free and vegan-friendly option.
Serve with warm corn or flour tortillas for a balanced meal.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large skillet
- Mixing spoon