Delicious and nutritious! Warming spices pair nicely with the sweetness of this winter squash.
New to butternut squash? Check out this helpful video on how to peel and cut it.
Yield amount8 Servings
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into cubes and set aside.
- Dice the onion.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onion until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, mince the raisins and garlic.
- Stir in the raisins, garlic, garam masala, and black pepper. Add the diced tomatoes and simmer until thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and water. Simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and season with salt.
Equipment you'll need:
- Cutting board
- Large spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener