Use this creamy pasta dish as a gateway to introduce new vegetables to your kids, like antioxidant-rich artichokes. It’s delicious and packed with nutrients – including fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc, and vitamins C and D.
Little helpers can add and stir ingredients this recipe, just be sure everyone washes their hands before getting started.
Yield amount6 Servings
- Wash hands and then rinse the spinach before getting started.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook until heated through.
- Turn the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients except for the parmesan, stirring to combine. Once the sauce is combined, add the cooked pasta.
- Stir to coat the pasta. If the sauce is thin, let it cook on low for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Top with parmesan and enjoy!
*Make this recipe ahead and freeze in a resealable bag for up to 6 months. To re-heat, remove from the bag and heat in a pot on low heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
*Add other vegetables like cooked carrots, red bell pepper, or corn.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- Large pot