Salmon Corn and More Salad
Greens like spinach provides great nutrients like choline, magnesium, potassium, vitamins C and K, folate, and fiber. Pair that with the protein power of salmon and your body may feel as good as your taste buds after this refreshing, crunchy salad.
Want to sweeten the salad? Try adding fruit like strawberries, apples, grapes, dried cranberries, raisins, or mandarin oranges.
Want extra crunch (and healthy fats)? Try adding pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash hands and then rinse the vegetables.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Then lay out the asparagus and drizzle with vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- While the asparagus is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, add the lettuce of your choice, corn, asparagus, and salmon.
- To make the dressing, use a small bowl and add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic or garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and mustard. Use a whisk or a fork to combine.
- Add the cooked asparagus to the mixing bowl with the other vegetables.
- When you are ready to eat your salad, pour the dressing over the salad and mix to coat.
You can also use fresh salmon. Be sure to cook it to at least 145 degrees before adding it to your salad.
Grilled or sautéed corn adds a nice flavor, and can be used warm or cold.
You can use leftover veggies – make extra when preparing another meal. Then just assemble and eat!
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- Can opener
- Whisk or fork
- Large bowl