Save the seeds from your baking pumpkin! Loaded with fiber, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium, pumpkin seeds are a super snack that travels well! Let the kids be hands-on by hunting through the inside of the pumpkin to find as many as seeds as they can! Besides being a tasty snack, these pumpkin seeds add a nice crunch as a salad, soup, or oatmeal topper!
Yield amount8 Servings
- Wash hands before getting started.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until all the pumpkin seeds are evenly coated.
- Spread the seeds onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and cool before enjoying!
Like it spicy? In addition to the ingredients, you can also add:
- ½ - 1 tsp chili powder
Love seasonal fall flavors? Leave out the garlic powder and add the following:
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
To get started, rinse the pumpkin seeds, and remove any stringy pumpkin pulp. Dry the seeds thoroughly.
Get creative and try other spice blends. The possibilities are endless!
Store these in an air-tight container and take them on the go for a snack.
Seeds can be a choking hazard in young children.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- Baking tray