Looking for that simple, filling, on-the-go snack? Look no further. These travel-friendly wraps combine a favorite – peanut butter and banana – with whole grains to give you a healthy, finger food snack filled with fiber, potassium, B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, protein and choline. Bonus – no refrigeration needed! Just tuck in a sandwich bag or food storage container, throw in your bag and be on your way!
This recipe is kid-friendly, so let the kids help, but be sure to wash everyone’s hands before getting started.
Yield amount4 Servings
- Lay 4 tortillas on a cutting board or plates. Spread each tortilla with 2 Tbsp peanut butter.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp whole grain cereal onto the peanut butter of each tortilla.
- Place a banana on the edge of the tortilla, and roll the tortilla up.
- Slice into 2 pieces and enjoy!
Pack an even more nutritious punch by enjoying with some apples on the side for a sweet crunch!
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and cups
Virginia Beach WIC