This quick and easy treat will not be a one hit wonder since there are a variety of ways to make it new! Pair with some milk to boost your intake of magnesium, calcium, and protein.
Yield amount2 Servings
- Wash hands with soap and water, then wash apple before getting started.
- Cut apple in half from the stem down and lay each half cut-side down on a cutting board. Slice each half into 6 half-round slices and cut out the core.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter on one side of each apple slice.
- Put 4 to 6 raisins on top of the peanut butter on one apple slice. Top with another apple slice, peanut-butter side down. Squeeze gently.
- Continue with remaining apple slices.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Want to add a little crunch? Try adding your favorite dry cereal (flakes work great for this), grated carrot, chopped nuts, seeds or granola to one half of the sandwich.
Feeling adventurous? Try other nut or seed butters, such as almond, hazelnut or sunflower seed.
Substitute other dried fruit pieces for raisins, such as cherries or cranberries.
Chop any leftover apple, drizzle with orange juice to prevent browning and use later as a snack.
Equipment you’ll need
- Cutting Board
Inspired by Food Hero recipe.