Enjoyed alone or added to your favorite dish, chickpeas are packed with protein, fiber, folate and iron, among other nutrients. Pair this satisfyingly crispy snack with a vitamin C-rich fruit to help you absorb iron!
This is an easy recipe for kids to help add and mix ingredients. Make sure all helpers wash their hands before helping in the kitchen.
Yield amount3 Servings
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dried chickpeas to the baking sheet, spreading them out evenly.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Ovens can vary, if your chickpeas are not crispy enough, keep going until they are!
- Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of paprika or other favorite spices, if using.
- Store roasted chickpeas in a loosely-covered container at room temperature. They are best used within two days.
Recipe yields three, 1/2 cup servings.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Kitchen towel
- Large bowl
*Dried chickpeas can work in this recipe as well. Follow the recipe for soaking and cooking on the bag.