This casserole is versatile, easy to prep ahead, and is delicious in the morning for breakfast or even in the evening for dinner. Loaded with zinc, fiber, protein, potassium, choline, and calcium, this meal ticks the boxes and is sure to be a pleaser! Mix up your add-in vegetables or try different herbs and spices to make it your own. Kids can even help by mixing and measuring!
Yield amount6 Servings
- Wash hands and then rinse vegetables before getting started.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, potato, salt, and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, cheese, and cooled vegetables. Be sure the vegetables are not hot, or they will start to cook the eggs.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and pour the egg mixture in. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy!
Try other vegetables like spinach, sweet potato, tomato, or jalapeños.
Portion the slices into 6 portions, wrap, and freeze separately. Reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast!
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Sauté pan
- Large bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Baking Dish