A quick and easy meatless meal, this tofu and broccoli will not disappoint. Choosing to use tofu for some meals can add variety to your proteins and keep things interesting in the kitchen. The crisp tofu and broccoli are flavored with garlic, scallions and soy sauce. It tastes great when paired with brown rice or another whole grain. This is a plant-based meal the whole family can enjoy!
Yield amount4 Servings
- Wash hands and then rinse vegetables before getting started.
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes. Let rest on a paper towel or dish towel for 20 minutes to 2 hours to allow excess water to drain off.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add 2 tsp oil.
- Add tofu and cook until golden, about 3 minutes each side. Remove tofu to a plate and set aside.
- Reheat skillet and add remaining 2 tsp oil.
- Add garlic and scallions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and water and raise heat to high. Cook until broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Return tofu to skillet and add soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and cilantro or basil. Stir well, then serve.
Try cutting tofu in triangles for a different shape and size.
Add more spice by using 1 tsp of red pepper flakes or adding ½ tsp of chili powder in this recipe.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large skillet
- Mixing spoon