One Pan Roasted Green Veggies
This is a simple recipe for kids to help with preparing and seasoning the vegetables. Make sure all helpers wash their hands first!
Brussels sprouts and asparagus are both folate-rich foods.
The oven’s heat caramelizes the Brussels sprout’s leaves, turning them lacy and crisp while tenderizing their tough core. And that’s just with a basic sprinkling of salt and pepper! Looking for even more flavor? Try Balsamic Roasted Brussels Spouts.
1 lb Brussels sprouts (rinsed with water and stalks trimmed )
1 bn asparagus (rinsed with water and stalks trimmed (about an inch from the bottom))
4 T olive oil
1 ds salt
1 ds pepper
1 ds garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts in 2 Tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet. Cook for about 20 minutes in the oven.
- In the same bowl, toss the asparagus in the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, another pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven, toss and add the asparagus to the baking sheet. Put it back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until both the Brussels sprouts and the asparagus are fork-tender and the edges are a bit crispy.
Equipment you'll need:
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons